Temple Beth El strives to help our community by serving those at their time of need. Here are some of the programs we provide to make a difference in the lives of those in need throughout Lancaster County.
- Serving meals at a local homeless shelter and local churches. The congregation and religious school provide and serve food 3 to 5 times per year at a local shelter and at churches in downtown Lancaster.
- Collect school supplies and toiletries – for the inner-city students in the Lancaster School District.
- Annual Mitzvah Day – congregants and religious school students volunteer to do a variety of projects at various community settings.
- Bar and Bat Mitzvah projects – each bar and bat mitzvah student chooses a mitzvah project, which often involves the support of our general congregation.
- Bereavement Support – a Chevra Kadisha committee provides support for ritual burials and our Sisterhood provides a meal of condolence for all who attend the funeral, whether at our temple or at a private residence. Congregants of Temple Beth El provide consistent support for all shiva minyans.